- Hashing and Salting Passwords in C#
UPDATE: This example previously used a SHA256 algorithm to hash and Math.Random to generate a salt, it has been correctly […]
- String and string in C#. What’s the Difference?
It can be a little confusing if you are very new to the language. Why do we have a keyword […]
- The Power of Extension Methods
Changing code. It’s a minefield. If you’re attempting to abide by the laws of the Open Closed Principle, we want […]
- Hot Reload in Server-Side Blazor
At the time of writing this post, without third-party plug-ins, server-side Blazor doesn’t have native support for hot-reload. I was […]
- Restricting Access To MVC Views
There are so many different mechanisms for authentication and for claims verification in .NET for MVC applications with ASP.NET Identity, […]
- ‘SQLizing’ Excel Spreadsheets with ThinkAutomation.
I Have the Power! (To Query) In a business-administrative context, we often refer to spreadsheets as databases. It could be […]
- Writing code for an audience
It seems like the most unnatural thing for many programmers; this notion of ‘live coding.’ The very idea that we […]
- How to extract text inside an image without writing any code.
In the modern-day battle to transfer our information from paper to the digital realm, OCR (Optical Character Recognition) has become […]